Thursday, November 25, 2010

What we're thankful for

This Thanksgiving there are so many obvious things for us to be thankful for, but after a mellow day yesterday full of tiny feeds, big poops, a little fussing and no puke, Emerson and I are left here feeling so thankful for all of the "normal" little baby things Philip can do now that his guts are tucked inside and he's not attached to nearly as many machines, wires, tubes and cords.


Things we are thankful for: 

  • Philip's big fat, kissable, chubby cheeks, 
  • The little squeaks, snorts and grunts he makes when he's not sure if he wants to be awake or asleep
  • Being able to dress him in little onesie sacks (even if they are way too big for him)
  • The way he sleeps with his fingers in his mouth if the pacie is out of reach
  • The fact that when we're at home and I'm missing Philip, I can still see his face when I look at his daddy
  • How the only song I sing that calms him down when he's really upset is Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" (I've tried lots of other songs, but he loves that one best)
  • His soft, fuzzy hair with all its cowlicks (This is Emerson's personal favorite thing because his hair is exactly the same)
  • His giant feet that don't match anyone else's in our family
  • His sweet, mellow personality
  • Just Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment