Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tired...

Its been an exhausting day. Lots of things are happening, but I think the exhaustion of being in the hospital for a week is finally catching up to me and I seem to be unable to keep up with it all. 

Today was a hard day for all of us, which is a reminder of the long road ahead of us, filled with lots of highs and lows. Good news: Philip is scheduled for surgery to close him up (hopefully for good!) this Friday. After a few days or a week they will do an upper GI study to see how his bowel is able to handle  liquids coming through it. If all goes well with that, we will SLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWLY start to introduce milk. 

I will be discharged tomorrow, but plan to stay in the hotel across the street so I don't have to be too far from my sweet boy. On Friday, the day of Philip's big surgery, we will be spending the day and night in the NICU family room. 

Check out the awesome sign his nurses made him...

I've decided he looks like his Daddy...



Today I am thankful for small progress and praying for energy and strength.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Debbie and Emerson...sooooo happy to hear the wonderful news from Grandma Donna! Sending lots of prayers and good wishes your way for Philip to be home well in time for Christmas!!!

    Love you guys,
    D(imitra)

    ReplyDelete