Monday, November 22, 2010

Progress!

Based on all of his excellent progress, the surgeon decided to completely pull the suction out of Philip's tummy today! So we get to see his adorable face without that stupid tube! 

Since we're weaning the pain medication and his bowel is really moving now, poor Philip has been particularly fussy today so we have been giving him little sucrose drops to help calm him down. Today his nurse decided we should practice giving him some real sugar:

 A day full of fussing calls for some serious snuggle time with Mommy:

The neonatologist told us tonight that we will be able to start drops of breast milk tomorrow. I'm trying not to get too excited though because the surgeons might have a different opinion. All I know is that we are making HUGE progress VERY fast and I am SO happy... fussy baby and all! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment