Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ladies Man

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned what an awesome baby our Philip is, but I promise I don't say that lightly or just because I'm his Mama. He really is such a GOOD baby! 


You want proof?:
Even though I don't really have to, I usually leave during shift change because I can't help myself and I almost always chime in when I hear the nurses give report to each other. As a nurse, I would absolutely hate it if my patient's family member did that, so I give respect and use that time to take care of other things outside of the hospital. 
My schedule was a little different today though and Philip was awake and alert and happy during shift change, so I just couldn't leave. N. O. Well when the night nurses came in to give report there were three nurses who all wanted to take care of him and they actually argued about who would get him. I mean, they sat there and bickered for a while until the charge nurse came in and made the final call. 
Yeah, my little man already has the ladies fighting over him! :-p 


Progress update: Our Ladies Man is eating 25ml of breast milk (from a bottle) every 3 hours and pooping like there was never anything wrong.  Tomorrow we go up to 30ml every 3 and if he tolerates it, I will be able to breast feed. I'm not sure how he'll feel about it, but I am VERY excited! 
The neonatologist asked us today if we've picked a pediatrician because he will probably be going home within the next couple of weeks and they want to start sending his records to the pediatrician. On this day two weeks ago that same neonatologist told us we would have to wait six weeks without feeding to re-open Philip and deal with the atresia, that is now known to be non-existent... I would say Mr. Ladies Man has every reason to be pretty arrogant. ;-p 

No comments:

Post a Comment