Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Food!

After 2 days of poop, gas, tummy rumbles and fussing, we FINALLY got to feed our hungry boy today!


I say "finally" but truly, this is MUCH sooner than any of us expected to be able to feed, so we are thrilled beyond words. Right now we are feeding 5ml every 3 hours, which doesn't seem like very much at all, but on our first try he actually only took about 3ml and he was very happy with that.


By the second feed he sucked down the 5ml and was just happy as can be and fell right to sleep. Based on that progress, the next feed might be a cruel tease and make him want more, but we don't want to overwhelm his fragile tummy. We're hoping for some more good poops and happiness tomorrow, without too much fussing or puking.

We call this "milk drunk': 


 I don't think anyone has ever had more reason to give thanks during the Thanksgiving season. Never in my life have I been so deeply and personally affected by the power of prayer. This entire journey has been nothing short of miraculous and I now pray that our boy continues to make the leaps and bounds that he has made so far in his short little life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment