After our glorious poopy night last night and an unforgetable day of FINALLY snuggling and holding our boy, I am left feeling a little frustrated. Philip's progress is apparently TOO good for the surgeons to accept.
Even though every surgeon and neonatologist told us that gas, poop and clear bile would signify a healthy bowel, and Philip has created every one of those things, today they told us "its too early to tell." Okay, so it all happened less than 12 hours after his surgery - I can accept that we should wait a little longer before we start feeds, but one surgeon actually said we still can't rule out an atresia (a blocked piece of bowel). Are you kidding me!?!? You all saw that poop! (sorry if it was a little more info than you wanted, but I just couldn't help myself). So now we have to wait for Philip to do it again before the docs will accept that he's as good as I know he is. Boo.
Today I am thankful for my strong boy and I am praying for patience and MORE poop.
No comments:
Post a Comment