Today, on November 14th, 2010 at about 1:00pm, I became a mother to a beautiful, 6lb, 20in baby boy.
Getting here was not easy by any means, but I've learned so much about my own strength and I honestly did not know it was possible to love another person so very much. Not only did I personally discover the unbreakable, everlasting bond between a mother and her child, but I even learned that this amazing bond has the capacity to strengthen the bond between my husband and I - and I truly did not think that was possible.
After a day and a half of laboring and 2 hours of active pushing, Philip just wasn't able to fit under my pelvic bone and went into distress. So they did an emergency c-section and thankfully he did wonderfully and they got him out safely,
They do suspect he has an atresia and there was too much bowel outside his body to fit back in, so they have the outlying intestines in a silo. The bowel looks great though, and in a matter of hours the swelling has gone down significantly and they think they will be able to sew him up in about a week. Then they will re-open him in about 6 weeks and try to repair the atresia.
We have lots of pictures, but I will be in the hospital for at least 4-5 days and I'm not sure when I will be able to get them posted. All of the contractions and strong pushing during the long labor made the repair of my c-section quite difficult and healing is going to take a little extra time. I will get through it though, and all of it was well worth it to get our Philip out safely. I will tell you, he has his dad's beautiful long eye lashes, very large feet, a wonderful soft pink complexion, a moderate amount of light brown hair, his mother's lips, and big, dark eyes. In a word, he is perfect, just as I knew he would be.
As I always say, thank you all so much for your love, support and prayers - they have lifted us up and given us so much strength during the most difficult days of our lives.
Welcome to the Great big world Philip Lund,
ReplyDeleteall our love and prayers are with you forever!
and Debbie and Emmie, I love you guys! May the lord shine ever brighter in your hearts, your faith and prayers have always given us strength, and I hope that ours can do the same for you all now.~Nic