Since we've upgraded from the baby website, I might as well take full advantage of the blog and write about how I'm feeling every once in a while. So here it goes...
Halloween has passed, which naturally means that Christmas has taken over television, retail and selected radio stations (though, personally, I believe that Thanksgiving ought to get more credit before Christmas takes over, but that's an entirely different conversation). We were given a due date of December 18th, which got me very excited about having a newborn at Christmas. Then, well, you know, things changed... a lot. And now we're expecting a Thanksgiving baby, and based on what they've told us, there is a very good chance that if he is born during Thanksgiving time then he will be home for Christmas - even with everything that's going on.
So the thing I am hoping and praying for more than anything else this year is for our baby to be home for Christmas. At first I was a little worried and disappointed about him coming so early, but as this belly becomes larger every day, making it harder and harder to get dressed and put on my shoes, I'm thinking a 36 week delivery will be FABULOUS! And as long as Philip is a good weight with strong lungs (and all of our ultrasounds so far confirm he has both of those things), then his treatment and recovery should go smoothly.
So come on out Baby! - Be born on Thanksgiving as the healthy, strong boy who I know you are, so that you will have plenty of time to get your surgery and recover in time to be home for Christmas.
That is my Christmas wish.
No comments:
Post a Comment