Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Getting Stronger...

Hey guys, 


Its been a tough few days, but since you all have been so fabulous and supportive, I thought you might appreciate these little jewels (much thanks to the Grandmas and their cell phones)...








Half of the intestines that were outside of his abdomen at birth have now made their way back inside. He is a strong and feisty little guy, which is such a wonderful sign. I imagined having this tiny, pale, frail little baby waiting for me over in the NICU, but Philip is quite the opposite. He is a fighter and we will all get through this one day at a time. Right now we're thinking they'll do the first full closer by the end of the week, at which point we'll get to hold him. 


I'm recovering nicely from my c-section, mainly because I have the biggest motivation of anyone to get up and get moving - I've got a BEAUTIFUL baby boy waiting for me across the hall in the NICU! I have spent the time since delivery either in the NICU, doing my treatments, pumping, or resting in my postpartum room, so I have had little time left for much else. But every time I pull up my computer and see the flood of messages and support from you all, it makes me feel so great to be so loved. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. He looks great! We are so happy for you guys and are thinking of you constantly. I wish we could be there with you. Congratulations and we look forward to seeing you and meeting Philip!
    -Rick and Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like he is improving nicely. Very glad to hear it!
    -Rick and Colleen

    ReplyDelete