In one way its hard to believe that its been a whole week since I was pregnant. Then I think of all we have been through and how much has changed in this past week and it feels like a lifetime since Philip was born. He has endured more in his short little life than most adults, and while part of that makes me sad, all of this has proven his incredible strength and resilience that shows me what an incredible man he will grow up to be.
The surgeons still want to wait until Tuesday before we proceed with anything. I understand why, but I am so anxious to take him home I can hardly stand it. So for now we wait. And I get a good lesson in patience, which I have never had much of.
Here is how we spent our day, and how I look forward to spending many, many days to come:
He looks like his daddy but he sleeps like his mommy (we like to call this the "smooshy face")


No comments:
Post a Comment