Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

I realize its now January 2nd and I probably should have written this post yesterday, but time lost meaning to me when I started breast feeding every two hours - day and night.


Regardless of today's date though, it is necessary for me to acknowledge the new year and reflect on all of the amazing-ness of 2010:


January - Emerson and I decided it might be nice to start trying for a baby. We were told it would probably take us a year to get pregnant and we were pretty okay with that.
February -  I'll skip over all that happened in February (trust me, it would be TMI)
March - Conception!
April - Here is a quote from an email I sent to Emerson's cousin on April 6, 2010:
  •  I'm still riding on my cloud at the moment. It hasn't all fully sunken in yet... I keep having these moments where I'm like, "Oh my gosh, I'm really pregnant! Can you believe it!?" Its awesome. Thank you so much for your prayers. I never imagined that it would happen this quickly for us, so now I'm just praying that the whole pregnancy goes this smoothly.
May - Emerson's graduation and our amazing trip to the Grand Canyon and Sedona (even despite Emerson getting horribly sick, it was awesome! :-p)
June - Life was pretty simple and I was enjoying the pregnancy - I believe it was at this point that my spicy cravings were in full force (I once made macaroni salad with 4 jalapeno peppers, a habenero and I still put Cholula sauce on it)
July - On July 21st we went to my ultrasound, expecting to be told "boy or girl," and we learned a lot more than that.
August - Life was hard emotionally, physically and I went through a lot of "why me?" and "why us?" moments.  It was terrifying and awful, but we somehow knew everything would be ok... and it all turned out so much better than just ok!! :-)
September - I moved out of Parker, which simplified life A LOT and I fully accepted and embraced everything we were going through with the scary pregnancy. 
October - Just when I had accepted and felt comfortable with Philip's birth defect, everything changed.
November - Our Super Baby arrived and everything REALLY changed! He amazed and stunned us all and my life became complete. 
December - Super Baby came home, sooner than anyone expected, and I think I might have become the most thankful and humble person on the planet. 


My plan for 2011 is to give conscious thanks everyday for all that we have been blessed with. And I am SOOO looking forward to watching our little guy grow!



No comments:

Post a Comment