I got a lot of credit for blogging so much when Philip was in the NICU. The reality though, is that blogging while he was in the hospital and slept a whole lot, moved very little, and had an entire staff to care for him, made blogging pretty easy. I seem to remember a lot of days of feeling bored at the hospital. Boredom is a luxury I do not have now.
Caring for an infant at home is WAAAAAYYYYYY hard! Don't get me wrong, emotionally its WAAAAAAAYYYYY better than being in the hospital, even despite the sleepless days and nights, but physically I'm pretty drained. Thus, why I only seem to have time to blog about once a week now.
Philip is my amazing little night owl. We have tried and tried and tried to establish a routine and/or schedule to get him to sleep by 9pm, but he simply will not have it. I think it worked once. Once or MAYBE twice. He usually acts very sleepy at around 7pm and gives me this glimmer of hope that I might be able to get him to sleep, but he's a pretty good faker. He much prefers to stay up until 11pm or midnight and then sleep in until about 9 or 10am. Yes, he is his father's child - aside from the years I was forced to work nights, I have NEVER been a night owl.
So now I am praying that we can at least figure out a way for me to get some decent sleep before I start work next week. Yes folks, Tuesday, January 18th I have to go back to work and, needless to say, I'm more than a little stressed about it. :(
And if you're wondering why I haven't posted any pictures in a while (I know you're all dying to see this guy's big, adorable cheeks and pudgy little arm rolls, and I am quite certain that you would love to see him sitting in his bumbo chair) its because I can't. For some infuriating reason, the computer doesn't recognize the camera anymore (we have two computers and neither of them can find it) and my piece of crap cell phone won't take pictures at all anymore (though the minute Verizon picks up the iphone in February, we're making the switch and upgrading our pieces of crap - woot!). So I am very sorry, but you will just have to come to Arizona to see our adorable, chubby, smiling little night owl (oh, and while you're here, could you please fix the computer/camera problem???).
No comments:
Post a Comment