I won't deny that I like to work. Getting back to work was never a source of stress for me, but I was very concerned about how my baby boy was going to do with me gone and how I was going to handle the stress of being away from him. Now that I know he is in wonderful hands (hands that, in many ways, are even better than my own), I have no concerns at all and I am actually able to enjoy my new job.
As you can see in "The Daddy Chronicles," Emerson loves taking care of Philip and he does as good of a job as I could ever do with him (though, he complains that the job would be a lot easier if he had functional breasts - I argue that working would be a lot easier if I didn't have to worry about functional breasts - pumping suuuuuuuuucks).
Jessica totally supports everything we want to do with Philip and she is an all-around great gal. I can't even express how good it feels to come home from work to a happy, smiling baby (and dog!) and a tidy house. She took this picture of "the kids" today:
On Thursday Jessica stayed a little late so I could go running with the dog, which was AWESOME. I went on my old pre-pregnancy running route like nothing had changed. Baby weight? What baby weight? This new mama is only 5lbs away from her pre-preggo weight! Can I get a woot!?
So yeah. Things are great. Truly. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment