Sorry for slacking and not posting anything yesterday, but Emerson was off of work and I finally had my "oh my gosh!" moment and realized how much more we have to do before Super Baby gets home. Because guess what? Emerson isn't off again until next Tuesday and my favorite neonatologist told us that Philip could be home by next Monday or Tuesday!!!! Like, for reals!
So things we were putting off, like installing the car seat (which turns out to be much harder than it seems), attending the infant CPR class (even though I probably could have taught the class, I went to give Emerson moral support), organizing the nursery, rearranging the living room to fit the pack n play and swing, and picking a pediatrician all had to get done yesterday and Tuesday when Emerson was off. Because the next time Emerson is off Baby Boy could be home!!!
All of Philip's healthcare providers are almost dumb founded by how well he has done. Even though we're not completely out of the woods yet (we still have 3 more days of feed increases to get through), when you look at the amazing progress we have made in such a short time, after being given such terrible news in the beginning, I can't help but believe that we have been touched by a miracle. No matter what the outcome ended up being, we would have loved and cared for him just the same as we have, but I have to believe that our love and the devoted support and prayers being sent out by all of you have made this incredible recovery possible. "Thank you" is all I can say.
Today we're continuing to get ready for home and we're hoping for a big win against UofA!


No comments:
Post a Comment