Friday, December 3, 2010

"Whatever I want, whenever I want it"

Hey folks, if you ever doubted the existence of miracles, then you clearly haven't heard about our son.


This morning the neonatologist decided that Philip is doing so well that we can stop the gradual feed increases and go ahead and let him eat as much as he wants, whenever he wants to eat. This is  a HUUUUGE step because if he eats enough on his own and holds it all down like he's suppose to, we will be home on Monday. Home. In three days. Three. As in, one weekend.


It hasn't fully sunken in yet and I don't think it will until I see that red wagon they bring out for all the babies when they get discharged. As long as we sail though this weekend with sufficient feeds and big poops, then all of our dreams, hopes and expectations will be FAR exceeded.


Miracles do exist and Philip is proof.


Philip's favorite nurse "Auntie Jean" set him up with all of his homies before bed last night: 

1 comment:

  1. That is so GREAT! I am so happy for you guys and Philip! I work Sunday night so I am glad I will get to see him again before he goes home. And Jean was our favorite nurse too!

    ReplyDelete